Thursday, December 13, 2012

Jolly Old St. Nicholas Journaling Mini Book

Jolly Old St. Nicholas Journaling Mini Book

 
  Wow, Christmas is around the corner, and I am just pulling out my journaling book. I intended to have it all filled in before I put it on the blog, but alas, I am putting together page kits instead this week, so maybe next week it will be journaled! Is that a word?
I love this book, and I love this black, white, and red Christmas paper line that I used to create this book.

It is kind of jumbled the way the pages lay out, and it's supposed to be. Not like a book where each page sits on top of each other in a neat pile. My intent was that you could see all the elements of the of Santa as you look at the book, without having to turn the pages.
The title to the book is a ribbon cut from the Glitter Christmas Words linen paper. Then I put pop dots behind it so it would look like ribbon flowing. I used the North Pole Christmas line, all in black and white and red. I also used the red and the black journaling tags.
You can see Santa's belt made from Glitter Black Chipboard, and the back page of the book is cut out in a parenithes shape in Red Glitter Classic Swirl backed with Red Chipboard.
The pages shown below are each page by itself, then tied together with red ribbon and twine. I cut shapes out of the Glitter Black/White Holly and put it on the back of each journaling tag. I also used the rest of the words from the Christmas Words linen paper, and the Christmas Canvas Prints. The feeling of Santa is throughout the book, All products are Robin's Nest. Dew Drops and Diamond Drops are throughout the book. (Ace of Diamonds, dd132) Other printed cardstock used Glitter Christmas Trees, Glitter Black/White Pine tree.

It turned out so cute!

I hope you are enjoying your Christmas Season!

Happy Holidays,

Robin

No comments: