Friday, October 5, 2012

Grandma OCrowley

Good Bye to Grandma Verda,

Dana's mom has left us to find peace on the other side of the veil.  We are so happy for her, she has suffered for quite some time, and it is a relief for her to be out of pain and to find happiness again.  Her funeral is today.  A day to honor her and her life.

She came into my life 38 years ago when I met and married my wonderful companion Dana.  We spent many week-ends traveling from Rexburg, Idaho to Picabo, Idaho where Dana's hometown was to meet, and later plan our marriage.

This woman is the most incredible cook ever.  She could take nothing and make it spectacular.  I learned from Holly, Dana's sister yesterday, that she just started trying different combinations until it just tasted right.  She didn't have anyone teach her how to cook, it was all by trial and error.  It truely was a gift, a special gift given to her by Heavenly Father.  She cooked for a farm cookhouse, up to 40 hands a day, most of her life.

I will be forever grateful to her for bringing into this life and raising the man I love.  There isn't a single person on this earth that brings more joy to my life than her son Dana.  He has a way about him that makes me so in love with him.  She taught him wonderful principles and he brought those principles into our marriage.  I am so happy to be an O'Crowley. 

This is to say Thank you and Godspeed.  You have lived a good life, served others well, and taught us such wonderful things. 

Our love to you,

Robin

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Happy Grandma and Grandpa can be together again!