Friday, October 19, 2012

Garden put to rest

Ohhh it is time to say good-bye to our garden.  We have pulled all the plants and harvested our vegetables, stored them in the big shed.  Our hubbard squash were just huge, and taste so fabulous!  We have loved our garden this year, and will miss the garden.  I love working with the dirt, seeing the plants grow, and harvesting the fruits of the garden.  I will miss it.

The greenhouse will keep us busy, We have tomatos and okra, pineapples, celery, herbs, and fruit trees.  I love walking into the warm moist air, smelling the wet dirt, and seeing the plants grow so fast.  This was Dana's dream to have the greenhouse, certainly not mine, as potted plants has never been one of my best qualities to grow.  But the warmth of the greenhouse, and the automatic watering system takes the place of my incapablilites, and gives us a great amount of joy in our growing plants year round. 

So adeu to my garden, and come February we will start planting for next years season in the greenhouse.

Ciao,
Robin

No comments: