Wednesday, August 21, 2013

School Mini Book

School Mini Book


I've always wanted to do a cute
mini just for school.
Rachel designed awesome paper that is absolutely 
Perfect for School.


Here is a link to our website to find this paper


This is an 8x8 album.  
I also added to the grouping of products to use
Classified Papers
Blue glitter cardstock
Boy Sticker

They all fit into the school theme I was working on.
I love the fonts used on this cardstock.
It is so "today"
and what the kids of today
see and like.

I used several sheets of these alphabet paper 
and numbers paper.
First I cut out the pages for the book.
there is a 4 inch left over edge 
of paper to use as embellishments on the book.
I spent an hour or so just cutting out
numbers and letters,
or cutting the entire strip of letters
for a border.


Then I started to put my book together.
On the front cover of the book is the number paper,
I then added stickers, clocks cut from the clock cs, and some of the cut out
letters. Some are popped up.


Then blue and silver dew drops, a piece of lined school paper
finish the cover of the book.

I also wanted to have the word SCHOOL
on the front of the book.
So I used a tag punch, and school lettering from 
my scrapbook stash
and put a letter on each of the pages of the book at the top
as a tag, and a title all in one.


My pages came next.
I picked this rust color and blue as the theme colors of the book.


Now from here on out, I have used the images I cut out from the 
left over paper as my embellishments.
I did cut the book pages from different sections of the 
12x12 paper so each page has a
different look, but I used the same paper.

I also used a small lined note pad
as my journaling tags in the book.  You can find these 
for 25 cents at the store.


This paper works for all ages,
I would do a teen high school
book in this paper too.  It is designed for 
all ages, and perfect for our day and time.


Because we learn so much about the world,
I used the ancient map cs, and as a opposite to the page
I used the airplane diamond cs from the new baby line.
The striped paper is Admiral Daisy/Stripe CS.


Between these pages is a mini page.
I love to add these,
just to make a statement and add
more photos instead of more of the same pages.
This page is smaller, and is a pocket page,
inside the pocket is a tag with another picture!



Here are the pages without the mini page inside.


Our last few pages are made with the Classified Cs, and the flag paper.
I used pictures glued together for one of the pages
of the kids playing at the playground.
Another pocket page after that with 2 tags inside it.
And then the flag as my last page.



On the last page,
I added on the flag
the Pledge of Allegiance
You can do this with any country
or any school motto.

These kids I have in this book are our
Alaska family,
they home school their kids, so
school is a bit different here.

Love my to Scrapbook my family.


Here again is the front cover of the book.

Can you believe it is school time already?
Fall is around the corner. 
Can't wait!

Remember you can find these products on our website.



Hugs,

Robin

No comments: