Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hawaii

Hawaii

Many years ago I just couldn't get Hawaii out of my system.

We went several times, over and over,
and each time we came back, I wanted more of that
slow paced, tropical life.

Over the years I have gotten over it, but I do love to go
where there is water.  
I love to camp by the water, and I love to
sit on the beach and just
soak in the beauty of the world of
tropics.

Here is the cover page that I created for one of my
Hawaii albums.


I decided to do something a bit different. and so the challenge was on.
Different, what is different.

Here I have used leaf beads from my bead stash, and the best find of all
was the use of a CD case/

I took the original papers out, and filled the case with
Robin's Nest glitter paper, beads, yarn and a photo.


Here is the CD case up close.  I just used glue dots
to adhere the case to the page. and glue dots
to adhere the beads to the edge of the inside of the case/

You could also add some pages and make a little book inside the CD
case to make the page even have more meaning.


Mini dew drops in pink ad such character to the page.
I love to drape them down the page 
and then add a few other embellishments 
to complete the look.  
Here I have used a leaf bead, 
and flower stickers.

I love to pull out our Hawaii books and reminisce. 
I don't have to go any more to feel that 
tropic life, I just open my books
and I am there all over again.

Products used:

Glitter Spring Flowers
Glitter Spring Flowers Sticker
Pink Mini dew drops
All other products from my scrapbook stash

Visit our website
www.robinsnest-scrap.com

Clearsnap has great inks to add to the look of your page.
This would be awesome to do to this page too.

Hugs to all of you,

Robin



No comments: