Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dad

Now that my mom is gone, we have been visiting dad more often.  He tells us stories I have never heard before, and I love  all of this.  Today he seems so tired, and exhausted.  I wonder if he tires of me coming so often.  I hope not.  There are some really fun times with him.
We sat and listened to his stories last night.  His adventures he is taking right now with his own business opportunities, and with his friends.  I wonder if mom went first so we have the chance to get to know him better.  Not sure, but I love my dad more and more every day.
He is a wonderful man, and a great friend.  It seems sometimes that we don't appreciate things as much as we should, and I have to admit, my dad is one of those things in my life that I just haven't appreciated enough.  He touches my heart, and I love to spend time with him.
I also more than anything while we are with him, love to watch how Dana loves him and helps him.  Just writing this brings tears to my eyes thinking about them together, talking, and looking at things.  It is so nice to know that my dad loves the man that brings such great joy to my life.  I love to see them together.
Dad went with us to Colorado, so 7 hours in the car one way, is a long time, but we just talked about anything, and mostly Dana and Dad talked.  I love to hear them talk about the gospel, and the teachings of the Savior.  It was Dad and Mom who listened to the missionaries and joined the Mormon Church, and that is who we are today, because of this willingness to listen.
So many times he tells us about things he and mom have done. I think today was one of those days that he was really missing her.  So glad we could spend a day with him so he wouldn't be that lonely.

Love you dad,

Robin

No comments: