Sunday, October 19, 2014

Halloween Tombstone Mini Book

Hello again,
Robin's Wednesday.
Sharing the Tombstone Mini Book with you
for Halloween.

The tombstone sat on a table as I looked at it for several days
in my bedroom, I would walk by it
and think,  I have all this space between the 
fence and the stone!  What am I going to do with it?

Then the ahah moment came.

A mini book!

I wanted to have a book without rings in the binding.
So it was quite a thinking process to get to this point.  Seriously,
I'm not kidding, you probably had this figured out 
weeks ago, but me, well, it took me a while to get here.

Here is the finished book inside the Tombstone Graveyard
with the fence.



To start the book,
I traced the shape of the tombstone, then cut the bottom off shorter,
so the book is the shape of the stone, and yet you can 
see the tall stone behind the book when it sits in that open space.


Then the back of the book is also short.  It takes 3 pieces 
next to each other to create the book.  The book is cut from
black distressed chipboard. 
This chipboard comes in 12x12 sheets and you can easily
one book from one sheet of 12x12 chipboard.


Then the binding edge of the book is cut out of black bat glitter
cardstock, then both edged cut with a border punch.
These 3 pieces are glued together to form the outside shape 
of the book.


I glued with extra heavy glue tape these 4 pieces together.
This is the base for the outside of the book.


Here are all the finished pages glued to each other.
I took a 12 x12 sheet of Robin's Nest printed cardstock
and folded it in half, traced my pattern, then cut out the page
with the fold in the center of the sheet so it will open up.


This is the back side of the book with all the finished pages
 before I glued it into the base of the book.  Easy!


Here is the book with the binding base glued together.

Now,
The front cover of the Tombstone book.



I used Black Glitter Trees CS as the cover
Then cut out the Wicked from my Cricut welded the letters
together from Glitter Orange Crackle CS.
I used EK Embellishments
with Gina's Designs Doilies
Black 6mm dew and tear drops
Orange Crackle Glitter CS for the rosette
and book pages.


Here the book is sitting inside the tombstone graveyard
so you see the rosette on the book and the rosette on the graveyard fence.


Here is the binding of the book, I placed an eyelet in the edge of
the book and brought all the ribbons through the eyelet
to let them hand down the edge of the book.



Here is a video of the finished book.
My first video for the blog!
I ran out of memory on my card by the last page,
but you can see the page.

I used so many elements, made lots of tags, journaling tags,
and pockets, you need to watch the video to see 
all the fun elements of the book.


Enjoy!!!!!

Products for this book can be found on the 
Robin's Nest website.


Just look for the Halloween line.

Have a Happy Halloween season!

Ciao,
Robin

I apologize the pictures aren't that great,
only have the small camera with me today.
Here are the pages in my book,
they are shown and described much better on the
video.

Happy Halloween.


















No comments: