Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Egypt

I am still working on my Egypt
project.  
So this is what I have to 
share with my scrapbook pages.

Today I will share pages made on 
different papers with 
brown backgrounds.

Sometimes when we look at our papers, 
and then at our pictures, it is hard to 
envision what paper to scrapbook 
on.  For these pictures, I wanted simple
but in colors that matched where we were.
I chose brown, and as I was
going through the papers, I thought
would these work, will they show the best 
in the photos.
  
Here are my results.


We were visiting a Muslim Temple here
and the arches just fascinated me.  I really wanted  those arches to 
stand out in the layout.

Robin's Nest Products used:
Glitter Brown Classic Swirl CS
Brown Herringbone CS
 Italy Sticker
Gold Glitter Letters
Dew drops and diamond drops
Honeycomb chipboard


This layout is one of my fav's 
I used the Mens Paisley paper.
It is more muted with a little red in it
and when I added these photos with the 
sand and red covering on the camels, it 
just worked great.
Again I used the Gold glitter letters.
One thing I noticed when I was trying to letter these pages
I learned that most other companies, have
only a few vowels on their letter stickers.
If you look on Robin's Nest letter stickers,
there is an abundance of vowels,
letting me spell out words on about 5 pages with only one
sheet of letter stickers.


Again I have used the Men's Paisley Paper,
It was dark enough to let the 
light color of the tombs be more important
and show more than the paper.
Great paper for simple pages other 
than what we think it can be used for.
I also used the Hottie Sticker on this page.


I used the Ancient Map paper on this page,
Which Rachel just told me is now retired.
I made me feel like the era of 
Alexandria I was putting on the page.
I love this paper, I will miss it for sure.


This is the Palm tree Cardstock back side.
All of Cairo is filled with palm trees, so this just gave a little
punch to the simple Church I was scrapbooking.


This is the Palm Tree paper front side.
Even though there are no Palm Trees around the 
Pyramids, the background of the paper
fit perfect.  I also brought color to a 
very sandy colored area of Egypt.
You still have that feeling that you are in the middle
of this ancient and incredible building 
of the world.

So you can see that the papers you 
use really can influence the look of your pages
you are scrapbooking.

I so love this, and when the entire book of 
Egypt is put together,
the pages and book will flow from one page to the next.
Coordinating papers work great, 
and they can come from different collections, 
and different companies.

Check these papers out on our web store

Ciao,



Robin

No comments: