Monday, May 20, 2013

House Numbers


Hello all,

Robin here.  I decided to do a project and dew drop my house numbers.  Now mind you, we took the numbers off our house 7 years ago and never put them back on because they don't match.  So as I was wanting to find a new and different project to blog, I was cleaning the laundry room, and found these on one of the shelves.


Mmm, I thought this is it, I will paint and dew drop my letters, and Dana can put them up on our house.  So I painted them with a rust colored paint.  I left the numbers white, but as I was painting, our little grand daughters arrived and I did not shut my scrapbook room door.  Well, they were a BIG help, haha, and I ended up painting the numbers white, because somehow, no one knows, they were rust!


I then used a pale yellow dew drop and adhered them with Crystal Lacquer.  They are glued on exceptionally well.


Just a little bling on these numbers.


Here they are up above the front door of my house, Dana suggested to put them there instead of next to the door,  I liked it.


I included the hat on the front door.  It is from a little village in Ethiopia, from the Gegerra Water Project we worked on there.  Dana and I were both given one of these hats in appreciation for the work we did there.  Only men wear these hats, but I wore mine that day at the celebration.  I wonder what they would think of their hat on my front door wrapped in ribbon!  It holds a special place in my heart.  Many good and wonderful memories from that little village, everyone living in huts.  What a world we live in!

Well this is all for now, hope you have some new ideas of what you can do with dew drops, they aren't only for scrapbook pages.  You can put them almost anywhere, on any project!

Ciao,

Robin

No comments: