Sunday, November 18, 2018

Thanksgiving Box

Preparing for Thanksgiving 
and visitors is always fun for me.
I love to be with family during this time.

This year I decided to make a box.
My Thanksgiving box is for our thoughts on
our blessings.  Each family member will
add to this either with a picture colored by little hands
or their personal take on blessings in their life.


As I was working with this box,
by the way, it is a hamburger box, When I purchase
hamburgers they come in a box, and I have been
saving boxes for a while with the plan to do something fun.
So, as I was working on this box, I decided
to bring to it a lot of collectibles that I have been saving
for many years and never use.
So as I was working on the box, I felt that the Saffron Sunrise line
would be great for Thanksgiving colors and style.




I started with Saffron Sunrise cardstock.
The yellows and deep grays are the colors I was wanting
for background colors.
So I covered the box in these papers.
I just used elmers glue to attach the papers to the box.

Saffron Diamond Cardstock  Saffron Sunrise Cardstock

Then after the papers are glued to the box,
I used dimensional paint, and painted these letters
with a plastic template.


This was so fun and easy to do, and a new
technique for me in my scrappy room.

I then started adding papers, and items.
On this box I used quite a few cut chipboard from
Gina's Designs.
Love her work!


My additions to the front of the box came from many different eras in
my life.  A piece of fabric, a pumpkin cut from an old
kitchen towel, flowers I sprayed from purple to rust,
a leather N, a feather given to me from my mother in law
at least 30 years ago, acorns from the trees in my backyard.





But most important what is on here from The Robin's Nest?

Autumn Leaves Fall Rub-on Maple Leaves Paper Clips

Turkey Canvas Turkey Glitter Cardstock  Sunkissed Tear Drops

Pumpkin Glitter Chipboard  Rusty Rose Cards Birch Tree Paper Straws

Saffron Sunrise cardstock, And dew drops and tear drops!!


I just discovered a few minutes ago that 8.5x11 paper fits inside the box!!!!

YeahHHH !!!!!

I can't wait for Thanksgiving week, when we are gathered together
with our son and his family, we will spend an evening writing our blessings
and things we are thankful for.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

And as they say in Georgia,
May your life be Blessed!

Ciao,



Robin

No comments: