Monday, June 30, 2014

Military Photo Box for our Sons Part 1

Hi to all,
Robin here, for another fun Wednesday
Post.  I have been making a book about our sons
who serve in the Military.

I have been thinking about this box for a long time.
Saved it from years ago when we had a retail store, it was
a box that a frame came in, but didn't get used.

Here is the original box.

I looks pretty cute just the way it is,
but I wanted  to put my own twist to the box
and specialize it to represent our sons
who serve in the Army.


 Here is my new box.
I wanted to show our love of Country 
on the box, and still represent our sons.

Then I added lots of elements to the box to represent the USA,
the Army, our Name, and what we believe.


I so love the Statue of Liberty paper, because you can
use it in so many different ways.  Here I have made one of the
rectangles into a tag, then added other elements on top.
Red Stars die cut from Red Glitter Chipboard.
The small flag is a pin that I found in my mother's jewelry box.


The Silver Star is from one of our son's uniforms, 
The name embroidered O'Crowley is what is actually on each
of their uniforms they wear everyday.
The mini flag, just an old cloth flag from many years ago.
The words from the Declaration of Independence (retired Robin's Nest)


I used the brown and beige colors because they are
the colors they wear everyday to work. 
Star made from Blue diamond drops.


Here the box is open with 
the first page sitting on top inside the box.
These are our sons,
all serving in the Military as I write.
Next week, I will share with you
the pages inside my box.
and
My Tribute to our sons.

Watch for part 2 next week!

May all of you as we celebrate our Nations
birth find peace and joy and happiness.
We are able to celebrate the 4th because of 
soldiers like our sons, who served our Nation many
years ago, and today we are able to celebrate
because of the thousands of men who serve our country
every day.

A mother could not be more proud.

Happy Independence Day!

Ciao,

Robin

1 comment:

June said...

Robin, this is wonderful! I love how you altered your box to honor your boys. I didn't realize they were all in the military. Bless them!!!
love from me...