Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Winter Wonderland Mini Book

I have been wanting to make a "Snow" book
for a while.  About a month ago I just took a "lot of
rocks out of my backpack" our vacation to Germany
from 2 years ago is finally finished!  Whew,
I wondered if I was ever going to get it done,
so in the mean time, I have worked on and finished our 
Egypt trip, which only took me 2 weeks, of an on in the scrapbook 
room. (I will be sharing some of the Egypt pages later)

 The best part of those projects finished is 
my list of mini books I have been wanting to create,
is now on the top of the create list.

So my snow book is now finished. and I cannot be more
excited on how it turned out!  
Such fun to be able to design!


I started out with 2 acrylic pieces of plexiglass.
Dana, my husband cut them with a glass cutter to 9x9 size.
He then drilled 4 holes to fit  8x8 sheet protectors.


I then started designing the outside of the book.
I just had a stack of "snow" items on my scrapbook
desk that I pulled out of my files in my stash of scrapbook items,
 and started laying things on top of the acrylic book
just layering items until I started liking how it looked.


I used the North Pole Sticker
for the title on the book.
I also used the Classified Cardstock
white and pearl dew drops
Winter Ribbon (pompom ribbon)
Glitter Snowflake chipboard shapes
Snow Paper Clips
From our Partners last year:
Connies Crystals
 (there are about 15 crystals on this book cover)
I used a felt deer that I purchased at the Christmas
Markets in Germany, but with our new 2014
Lodge line, there will be one similar to this in one of our packets 
Everything else are just items from my
scrapbook stash.


Here is a top view of the book.


Close up of the snowflakes and dew drops and Connies Crystals


Here is the side view of the pages,
I will post the pages next week on Wednesday.
I did used sheet protectors to put them in
but have lots of fun items that come
out from the edges of the sheet protectors.

I am so excited about this book!

Happy New Year!



Robin

No comments: