Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Switzerland


Layouts From Our Day in Switzerland


Hello Again from Utah,

This is Robin.  When we are touring I just go wild with the camera and shots of things that I love, or that I find very beautiful, and I try to catch the beauty of the moment with my camera.  So I take a few too many photos.  So I find myself creating many pages of the same area, which is what I am sharing today.
On our way to Zurich, we stopped at this really quaint town, not much in it, a few shops and houses around, but the Cathedral is right next to the river in the most beautiful setting of the day.  It seems everywhere you stop in these little towns it is much the same, such beauty everywhere.

 So my first layout is so simple and is created with the simplest of simple in layouts.   PAPER.  I used Getaway Glitter Swirl CS, and Family Glitter Getaway CS, Brick Watercolor Cardstock for frames, and Embrace Life Linen CS which frames the feature photo on the left side of the page.  I added a few leaves from my sticker stock and jewel stock, and we are done.  I will journal still.  The larger photos are showing the beauty of the river, and the small 2x2 punches of photos create the rest of the beauty of the simplicity of the layout.


Because Cathedrals are never simple this page comes from a more unsimplified look.  I wanted it to have a fancier look to the page and feel.  I used Time Teal glitter words CSteal glitter chipboard die cut out with Spellbinders dies, giraffe CS, and Glitter Brown Classic swirl and Brown Herringbone CS, teal metallic dew drops, and teal glitter journaling tag.  I also used teal glitter ribbon.  The look of the page feels so much more elegant, just like a Cathedral page should feel.


On the river were these beautiful Swans, and they were really beautiful until they came close, and the dirt showed up 100 fold, but the white against the gray looking water just fascinated me, and I loved the moment.  Dana has his own little camera, which takes just a good pictures as my EOS.  So I was able to have pictures of me in this layout too.  I only used Almost Black Cardstock, and Brick Cardstock and scrub oak leaves from my back yard to create this page.  I'm not sure I'll journal this page, the beauty of the swans just speak for themselves, and the fact that they just swim around wild and live on the river's edge.  This is such a great simple page, simple in cost as well.



I love to share the simple in scrapbooking, and this is just that.  Simple layouts for great looks and results.  Well, not the Cathedral, but the other 2 are.  Switzerland is one of our favorite places, love the memories of being there!

Ciao,

Robin

No comments: