Thursday, January 3, 2013

Frosty Winter 6x6 Mini Book

Frosty Winter 6x6 Mini Book
I love winter, especially when there is snow. Last year there was very little snow, so I am loving this
year alot. I'm sure Dana is not, as he does all the snow shoveling. Thank goodness for a snow blower for our huge driveway!

Here are my Polar Bears I put out for winter, and our Frosty Winter book at their feet.
This 8x8 mini book is so easy to make and such a joy to have this month.

This is a closer look at the book all put together.
I used from the Russian Winter Collection on the robinsnest-scrap.com website.
The Cardstock papers I used are Glitter Winter Snowflake CS, Glitter Snow Angels CS, Glitter Winter Words CS, Glitter Blue Journaling sheets, Snowmen, Glitter Blue Chipboard, Glitter Silver Chipboard.
This is the front cover of the book. I used the Winter word sheet and traced shapes around the words and cut them out, and behind them is a blue glitter journaling tag cut from the sheet of tags. I also used black dew drops for the buttons for the glitter snowman, solid white dew drops in frosty and the snowman clippie. I also used the blue glitter letters for the 2012, and blue glitter chipboard with a Spellbinders snowflake die for the snowflake. White diamond drops with a white dew drop in the center for the other snowflake. Alot of product is on this little front cover of this book, but snowwwww cute.

This is the second page of 8 in the book. All pages are cut the same shape for the background of the book. Another journaling tag, word from the word sheet and blue and silver chipboard snowflakes cut from Spellbinders dies. I used Blue 6mm dew drops on the icy, and black diamond drops on the snowflake, this comes from the Glacier Diamond Drops bottle.

Page 3 I used 2 journaling tags on top of each other, a Snowman, Diamond drops in blue and white from the Glacier Diamond Drops bottle, and a White dew drop.

Page 4 is created again from the same shape cut from the Glitter Winter Snowflakes CS, Snow falling is from the Winter Words Glitter CS sheet, another snowman, journaling tag, chipboard snowflakes cut from Spellbinders dies, and snowflakes made from the Glacier Diamond Drop Bottle.


Page 6 is using the same products as the other pages.
Page 7 doesn't have much room even for a small picture, unless you put it in the oval journaling tag. But I love the snowballs, I made white snowballs from the 6mm white dew drops with little dashes showing where they came from. I love the swirl, cut from chipboard and a Spellbinder die.


The Snow Angels page is so fun, I imagine the kids in the snow making these. We will be in Colorado on the 2nd of January, I hope to gets some photos of the boys there making snow angels for this book. I used the snow angel glitter CS, and words from the Winter word sheet.
The last page is Frigid for sure. I used the same Robins Nest Products you can find on our website.
This is a fun book to put instagram photos on, or just cut your regular photos to a smaller size.
The book is bound together by a blue ring, and on the ring is our sheer snowflake ribbon. Snoooow Cute for Winter.
I plan to write my feelings about snow in this book in the next few days, and share some instagram photos in it with our grandchildren in the snow.  It wil be pure joy to do this.
Hope you have enjoyed my Frosty Winter Book. You can also purchase the book as a kit from our website.
Have a fun January!
Ciao,
Robin

No comments: