Monday, January 21, 2019

Family Scrapbook Pages

Good Morning!

It is very winter in our state today.
Yesterday the snow started about 2 pm, and as I wake up this morning
at 5 I hear my sweet friend out in our driveway with the  snowblower.
There is about 8-10 inches of snow!  We have an enormous driveway,  it is now
6:46 and the snow blower is still running with him behind it!

My gratefulness heart is so full.  Because, I know that Dana is scheduled
to drive to Texas today with a load of oil field reamers in this aftermath
of a snowstorm and needs his sleep.  He has struggled this last week to sleep
through the night.  This will be such a great blessing for him, as these days I only
shovel the walks.  In days of yore I shoveled between the house and the 
garage, but not more than that, and not even that anymore.
Well maybe when the snow isn't deep.

I have been working on the photos of my family when I was a child.
I had great intentions of doing this while my mother was alive.
With her by my side, there would have been no lapses in my memory if I had done this.
I did finish my father's pictures before he was gone.  I knew that I had
failed getting the family pictures done before mom was gone, I certainly wasn't
going to miss that opportunity with dad and the photos of his life.

Dad lived 2 years longer than mom, and after I completed all of his pictures
in a scrapbook, I took it to him, and he wrote things for each page to tell us what
they were.  I also spent some time separating the photos, dad had scanned all the 
photos into the computer and digitized them for all of us kids, then gave each of us
a copy of all the photos.

I asked for the originals, which he gave me, and I started my scrapbooking 
vigil of putting them onto pages and creating beautiful photo albums
of these photos.

Three years later, I am still working on them.  I have to say that there have been other things
that seem to get in the way, and this project always seems to get put on the back burner.
Not that there hasn't been anything done for years, it just still is not finished.

I'll eventually get there, but the thing I have learned is...
Don't wait till your parents are gone to figure out who is in these pictures!

As a whole, I do know most everyone.  But on occasion there is someone that I simply
cannot recall even meeting them or even being in the photo, even though
I am!  I text pictures to my brother to see if he remembers, and sometimes
he does, but there are still a few that neither of us remember, and our other
siblings were simply too young at the time to remember either.

Write on the back of your photos, and today with everyone taking hundreds of 
photos on our phones, there will  be lots of photos we won't have any clue who is in them!

Today I am sharing my parents wedding pictures.

How cute were they!  
Mom wore a blue dress, I asked if I could wear her wedding 
dress when I got married, and she told me that she didn't have a white one,
and that she didn't have it any more.  but none the less,
they are so cute in these pictures!

They were married in December in Massachusetts .
The postal stamp says May but that was just one that I found,
and was excited it said New York on it! 
Dad was born in New York, just something from the east coast was nice.


Beautiful wedding picture of them.


The wedding, they were married by a justice of the peace.


This is my favorite photo of them, I have this photo framed in my bedroom.
So cute to have the shadow behind them, and Dad  holding Mom. 


Cutting the small cake, they only had them and another couple with them.
Mom is from Germany, so her family wasn't there, and Dad was 
in the Air Force, so not close to his family either.
Mom's extended family didn't approve of this marriage so did not support her.


The wedding presents


The wedding kiss.


So fun.  
I decided to do all the photos in silver, gold, and black and white.

This blog isn't about what is on the pages, but just that I am documenting our
families photos and sharing them.

I am now well on my way to completing this book.
I now have 60 pages completed and scanned into my computer!
That is a feat in itself alone!

I'll share more as time goes on.

Happy Winter,
and Thanks Trent for clearing the snow!

Robin  







No comments: