Saturday, January 5, 2019

3 more Book of Mormon Journal Pages

Hello World!

Today I will share 3 more pages of my journaling  in the 
Book of Mormon.

There is nothing in the world that brings me more comfort and joy
than to read the Book of Mormon.

As I challenged myself to read in a different way, and make my reading
more meaningful for me, I started this project of journaling
on the edges of my pages.
I finished this book I am sharing right now about 2 years
ago.  This larger print was printed off a blog called
the redheadedhostess.

I am still trying to figure out how I am going to bind it, as I really don't
want spiral binding.  It will be a little trickier, but I am not in a big hurry as
the goal is to share pages that have been completed on my
blog before it is bound.

Every morning I pull out the Book of Mormon and read.
I have been doing this for years, but to be honest, it became a good
habit while Dana and I were on our mission.

I read before pretty regularly, as we read and listened to the scriptures with
our kids every morning when they were growing up.  The scriptures
have just become a great part of my everyday life.  I don't have to challenge
myself to read, mark a calendar to make it a habit.  It already is a habit in
my life, and I feel like something is missing if I skip a day, which by the way
is very unusual if I do.


1.  As part of my journaling process, 
I marked the scripture that I wanted
to highlight.

2.  Then I wrote it on the side with pencil.

3.  I then went back with my colored pencils, 
stamps, or stickers and added the umph to the page.



This gave me 3 times during my reading that each one of those scriptures were
embedded in my mind.  Just good reinforcement for an older mind.

Each page that is journaled spotlights something different,
and something that touched me that time I was reading
the Book of Mormon.



Also, during this process of reading the Book of Mormon 
I marked anything that
had to do with God or Jesus.  

It was a life changing experience for me.
I remembered that Elder Bruce R. McConkie had shared that
he marked different things each time he read the book.

At the time I wondered how many different books of Mormon he had
that had different things marked and spotlighted.
I decided I, too would do this each time I read.

I now have about 5 books now marked with different subjects
spotlighted as I read the book that time.

This one has:

Red for Christ
Orange for the Olive tree
Green for the atonement and redemption
Blue for angels, tender mercies, truth, faith
Brown for prayer

Since this reading I have narrowed it down even more to specific
subjects per book.

Currently I am reading with marking: 
grace
blessed
praised or praise be to God
glory to God

All of these are very Protestant ways of saying things,
and yes, they are in the Book of Mormon! 
Often!

Now, the women have been challenged by our prophet Russel M. Nelson,
in the last General Conference to read the Book of Mormon and mark Christ.

For me it has been so fun to hear other peoples testimonies on what they have
learned and how it makes them feel.

For me, it changed me!
It changed the way I thought about the Book of Mormon!
When you read "Another Testament of Christ" on the cover
of the book, you know for a surety that it really is!
There is no other book that can bring such peace and love to my
heart, even when I know all the challenges that the people were going
through.  They do speak from the dust, and I have learned so much
by their examples and dedication to Christ.

Well, this is all for today.

Enjoy these jounaling pages.
I will continue to share,  these are still some of
the early pages in this book, and they get better the farther 
we get into the book.

Ciao,

Robin  


No comments: