Thursday, January 31, 2019

Valentines in the Sun Room

Oh how I love Valentine's Day.

My mother always made each of the holidays quite special.
Valentine's Day was certainly on the top of the list of days she
worked so hard at making fabulous for us.

As I married and had children, I too made holidays special.
Breakfast was the first thing that was different.
Pink pancakes!  
Mom always did this for us, and so I too cooked pink pancakes
for my children.  It was always a favorite.

We have recently added on a sun room to the back of our house.
It really has become the favorite room.  Even in the winter
you can sit on the couch and look out over the yard, in the warmth
of the house and enjoy the winter, and of course in the
summer, spring, and fall it is quite our favorite room as well.

I decided to decorate the sun room for Valentine's Day this year.
The rest of the house still has winter snowflakes, polar bears 
and white everything, and I wanted to have it stay this way
for the winter.  White on white.

But the sun room can bring me smiles of joy and love.
Valentine's day.


When we added the sun room, we just added right on to the outside of our
house, so in this room, there are windows and the outside of the
main house as 2 of the walls.  The other 2 outside walls are panels
of glass that give the view of the back yard with french doors 
that open up to the back yard.  


We added furniture, some of the furniture is from my garden
like the lounge chairs.  They have red floral pillows (Ralph Lauren)
and black and white pillows, with a grey stripe throw over the top of the 
padding.  Then a pink tablecloth is thrown across the top for the
pink Valentines look.

The table is covered in a red and pink, two separate table cloths, on top of
the other, and then my fun Valentines items on top.


Our walls in this room are very distressed, and for the most part I will leave
them that way, I may fix a few spots.  

I have a darling silver tea set on the table! 
Remember, I love silver!


On the shudder I added a piece of wood Dana found for me in the forest one 
day with a heart in it.  I have saved it for many, many years, and still to this day
love it.  I will probably keep it here all year now.  It has been in the laundry
room, and just now graduated to the sun room.


Sometimes when we buy things we wonder what will we ever do with it.
That is the cute winter lady on the shelf.  She just represents 
Valentine's day for me.  She wears a coat with hat and gloves, which
for me, this is February!  This year most mornings are at 4-6 degrees Fahrenheit
and just 2 days ago 0!


I still to this day don't remember where I got these cherubs,
but I really love them.




I made this cute heart with Robin's Nest products and dew drops.
I just pack it away and bring it out every year.  So Fun!


I made this banner this year for all my grandchildren's pictures.
I'm still missing a few kids, but I love having it up,
they are my valentines.


I also made this Love banner years ago with Robin's Nest
products.  I still love it! 
And used it on the window this year.


One day I will post our couch and what it looked like when we started.
Such a good find, and such a beautiful couch!


The box in front of the table was mine in high school.  It just recently became
mine again after mom and dad passed away.  
I sure fits the decor of this room.  Casual elegance.





Well there you have it! 
The sun room at a glance with Valentines all over.

There is a table set for a quaint brunch on the other side of the room.
I will post that in a few days.

Happy decorating!

Robin

No comments: