Friday, December 21, 2018

December Daily - Light the World Journaling book

I'm so excited that I can share the pages of my
Light the World book with you.
In the scrapbook world, they would call this a
December Daily book.
Journaling the events that take place in the month of
December.  I have chosen to record my events
through the Light the World campaign and
do my recording just a little different way.

How did I serve?

Each time I pass my book on the table
in the family room, I am reminded to do something
for someone else.

This was a great project for me, not only to make a journaling book
but to also put in front of me a reminder that 
I need to serve someone else today.

I bound the book myself with a binding machine that
I bought years ago when the scrapbooking
business was going great guns.  Who didn't need 
one of these in their creating room? 
Well, not everyone I guess, but this is a machine
that I use regularly, and has become a great
friend.  Instead of spending more money on someone
else binding my books, I was able to bind my own,
and put my own twist to the book.

So....
many, many years later,
I am still using my binding machine!

Score!!!

Here are the rest of the pages of my
Light the World journaling book.

Really, it is a fabulous December Daily,
and it has a true purpose to help me become a better person
as I add my service in it each day.











And there you have it.

The rest of the book.

I actually have a few more pages with pictures of Dana and I
on them.  We really don't take many pictures at Christmas,
and maybe I should be better at that,
but the few we have, are on the other pages.

And a poster from the Church that was on our Church bulletin
board.  They throw them away at the end of the 
season, so I asked for it. 
It is the picture that is used for the Light the World
campaign. 

My mother had an original painting of this picture, given
to her by her mother.  It hung on the walls of her 
home from the time she received it until 
she and dad died.  It is such a special picture of Mary
and her precious son Jesus.

I was so excited to see that as the poster for Light the World.

It makes the event even more precious to me.

Merry Christmas!

Robin

No comments: